Here are some thoughts on risks (not too sure where I got this)
To laugh is to risk appearing the fool.
To weep is to risk appearing sentimental.
To reach out for another is to risk involvement.
To expose your feelings is to risk revealing your true self.
To place your ideas and dreams before another is to risk rejection.
To love is to risk not being loved in return.
To live is to risk dying.
To hope is to risk despair.
To attempt is to risk failure.
Do you ever think about risks or risk-taking? Are you a risk taker or a risk avoider? I believe that God wants us to take risks in life. I am not talking about foolishness but about taking a risk and trusting God.
Here are some more thoughts on Risks:
- Where there are no risks there are no rewards.
- The greatest risk you can take is not serving Christ.
- Faith is always an important first step
- The Holy Spirit is a key to taking right risks.
- I invite you to read 1 Sam. 14:1-23 to see a great passage on risk taking – one of my favorite passages in all of the Bible!
What are any thoughts you might have on risks? What an example where you risked and it did not work out like you thought?